Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I told you Wednesday was Cat Blogging

Toffee, our tortise shell cat, doesn’t really get into comics like the rest of us do. Sure, she likes to lay on them when you’re reading in bed or on the floor, or sometimes she’ll rub her chin into the corners of a comic until you tell her to go away, but I don’t think she really “gets” comics. What she does get is my motorcycle. It’s been parked in our breakfast nook for some time now, and she’s grown used to sitting on it or using it as a kitty gymboree.

I’ve recently decided to sell the motorcycle, and when she heard the news, I think she was a bit upset.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She’s attached herself to the seat like that and swears that she’s not coming down until I change my mind about selling the bike. I don’t think this is a formal hunger strike, but more like a tree sitting. I haven’t seen her come down for food, but I’m sure the other cats are sneaking her kibble when I’m in the other room.

I’m still selling the bike; I won’t be defeated by a lowly shelter cat.

|