More linking (since I'm leaving work early, but wanted to share)
• Hey, look. Graeme's having that malignant credibility removed.
I kid because I love. I love Graeme, at least. But I will say that I, too, was pleasantly surprised by the first issue of Young Avengers. Honestly, I'm looking forward to more lengthy pieces from our Rampaging Fanboy again.
• Since I've been linking and talking about writing a good deal lately, it seemed proper to link to Mark Steensland's latest piece at Broken Frontier. He makes an interesting comparison of storytelling basics and the game Jenga. A good primer on storytelling, and worth a look, even if he misquotes Sir Arthur Quiller-Couch and attributes it to Hemingway.
There's a part of me that hates myself for remembering that off the top of my head, but that part, oddly, doesn't hate me for remembering things learned from Marvel Saga, which I was reminded of by a Fanboy Rampage comments thread. God, what a great series for a myth-obsessed adolescent--it's like Bulfinch or Hamilton for nerdy kids.
• Speaking of my inner dork... I hate you, Mike Sterling, for showing me this, because I kind of really want it:

I kid because I love. I love Graeme, at least. But I will say that I, too, was pleasantly surprised by the first issue of Young Avengers. Honestly, I'm looking forward to more lengthy pieces from our Rampaging Fanboy again.
• Since I've been linking and talking about writing a good deal lately, it seemed proper to link to Mark Steensland's latest piece at Broken Frontier. He makes an interesting comparison of storytelling basics and the game Jenga. A good primer on storytelling, and worth a look, even if he misquotes Sir Arthur Quiller-Couch and attributes it to Hemingway.
There's a part of me that hates myself for remembering that off the top of my head, but that part, oddly, doesn't hate me for remembering things learned from Marvel Saga, which I was reminded of by a Fanboy Rampage comments thread. God, what a great series for a myth-obsessed adolescent--it's like Bulfinch or Hamilton for nerdy kids.
• Speaking of my inner dork... I hate you, Mike Sterling, for showing me this, because I kind of really want it:

----------------
And that's it for me, probably for the weekend, too. My wife has off work for a change, so we'll actually spend time together.

<< Home