It's a date, of sorts...
Or, as close to it as a married comics geek is going to get. We've settled it, and David P. Welsh and I will be making a day trip of the Pittsburgh Comicon, more because it's an excuse to get together. Looking at the guest list, it becomes pretty obvious that this isn't a convention I would be excited to attend, but it's better than spending a Saturday doing laundry.
In any case, there are some things I'm happy to see. Danielle Corsetto will be there slinging self-published goodness. My inner child really wants to meet Ernie Hudson, because I was a Ghostbusters kid. Ignatz nominee Pat Lewis will be there. I've never heard of Tod Allen Smith, but evidently he lives down the road from me (relatively speaking), so I'll see what he's up to. For the mainstream set, Mark Waid will be there--I have to say, he was one of the nicest people I talked to after filming the convention for work last year. And K. Brandon Wilt will be there! Ok, he's there every year, and I buy my comics from him usually, so it's not like I never see him. His work can be seen in War from Saddle Tramp Press, which also has a story by Damon Hurd.
Also, someone who drew The Gift will be there. I promise to be nice.
Sadly (and Chris, you're right--I'm always a party pooper), I won't be able to make it to the next good show, because that week is the only week my wife can take for vacation post-graduation. I tried to convince her that Toronto would be a blast, but she knew I had other reasons for wanting to hit Canada up that weekend. But that means that I'll have to go to MoCCA again this year.

<< Home