Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Troubles and tribulations in working with others...

Too good to pass up. I found this on a CBR thread focusing on hate mail sent to creators. It's not "hate mail," per se, but it's yet another example of comics-related stuff that irritates me. Now, I know Neil Kleid is another case of "you either hate or love him/his work," and he is a self-admitted shameless publicity whore, but I dig his general comics output. I'm guessing his almost-collaborator wouldn't be making comics I'd dig:

That fucking Neil Kleid dude emailed me yesterday stating that he found someone else to draw his retarded comic... glad I wasted time working on the dumb shit. I didn't want to do it anymore, anyway. I mean, c'mon... it's called "Bear Suits" for fuck's sake. I refuse to work on any comic that doesn't include skulls, ninja, demons, swords, or half naked vampires. The comic book industry is really really unrewarding, anyway. I make more at my current job than if I were drawing for Marvel, for christ's sake. That just dawned on me the other day. I don't need some lonely-ass hack cartoonist's approval or recommendation, and that's that.



|