Some final (I hope) Sinclair preemption blogging...
I know I said I was done with the issue, but I lied. More has come in recent days regarding Sinclair's decision to air a "documentary" as a "news" program in an obvious attempt to sway the election.
• Sinclair fires a member of its news staff for speaking on the documentary. Even their own staff admitted this is a partisan move, and was rebuked for it.
• In the face of the controversy, Sinclair has decided to not air the "documentary" anymore. Instead, CNN reports:
Sinclair said Tuesday it will air a special news program, called "A POW Story," that will include the documentary's allegations against Kerry in a "broader discussion." The company said 40 of its 62 stations will air the program, including stations in the presidential swing states of Ohio, Florida, Iowa and Wisconsin.
There's also more at the link from Jon Leiberman, the dismissed journalist, discussing the content of the "documentary."
• Progressive Trail, a site I'm not familiar with, but I'm sure can accurately be considered biased in itself, has an interesting article dealing with previous attempts by Sinclair to affect the political arena.
More comics blogging later, I promise.

<< Home