Entertainment, dammit!
Ok. So, enough with all the politics. There are more important things to worry about, like funny-books and television (I could try to rationalize all the Sinclair hullabalo to be about the television medium, but I won't).
So, onto other things.
I wrote another column on comics marketing. No big surprise there. I'm actually somewhat relieved that I don't have to write a "weekly" comics column anymore - I don't know why the whole blogging thing isn't as much pressure on me. Still, yay, Muse Comics for doing some smart advertising.
Tonight, VH-1 is broadcasting Hip Hop Honors, an awards show dedicated to the history of hip hop. The article linked is formatted really poorly, but there wasn't much out there to link to, and I hate the page VH-1 has set up for the program. I'm hoping they cover more of the earlier, groundbreaking artists rather than whoever is on MTV these days, because I don't think people really grasp the diversity of the genre or appreciate its history.
Last night (and I missed it, because I actually made it home on time for once, Marketplace had something on the history of superheroes which I plan on downloading tonight when I get home. Also, there's a good chance that your local National Public Radio station is in the middle of its fall fundraising campaign. I'm a big fan of listener-supported radio, because (at least, out here) most commerical radio stations are utter dogshit. Luckily, I know that my wife is giving me the Sirius satellite radio hook-up this Christmas (and, when you spend as much time in a car as I do, your CDs tend to become beyond tiresome). I ended up picking Sirius over XM because they have more NPR or NPR-like programming. Also, the Elvis channel.

<< Home