Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Rub it in, boys, while I lazy link-blog

So, a bunch of the people I was supposed to spend some time with at SPX have started to share their experience with the comics internet.

Rich Watson looks at some mini-comics, saving the graphic novels for next week, and also talks politics with some independent comics people. Needless to say, I don't agree with a damn thing Bosch Fawstin says. But Augie probably does.

Shawn Hoke talks more about the experience itself. Also, he points out that some of us indy fans are just as bad as the mainstream fans who we supposedly always make fun of:

There were a few Jeff Smith fans that kept coming back and asking us when Jeff Smith was coming. We encouraged them to go look around at the other tables as there were so many great books and creators to discover, but this one guy was clearly there for Jeff Smith and only Jeff Smith. That was a bit bewildering. Fellow volunteer Sara and I promised the guy that we would pummel and pound Mr. Smith as punishment when he arrived, but we never saw Smith. The guy we saw every 10 minutes.

Kevin Melrose lists some of the books he's picked up, reminding me that I almost-kinda-sorta made the right choice by not going because I'd be on Ramen duty for a month if I had attended.

Eliot Johnson goes for the easy jokes in his SPX vs. SDCC post, but I laughed anyway.

Heidi, of course, has lots to say and link.

I'm sure I'll become even more bitter and envious by the time everyone else starts posting their SPX thoughts and whatnot.

********************

There probably won't be much blogging in terms of quanitity or quality for the next few days, as I'm in the middle of quarterly report hell at work.


|