Wednesday, September 29, 2004

SPX Schedule Announced - Finally!

The Small Press Expo has announced its panel line-up for this weekend (that's a .PDF, so it may take a while to load). As I'll only be there for Saturday, I'm pissed - I'll be missing the Kyle Baker panel on Friday. Hopefully, he'll be somewhere Saturday.

As for the Saturday panels, I'm considering attending the FANTAGRAPHICS 2005: WHAT'S COMING? panel, the AMERICANS ABROAD: TRAVEL IN COMICS panel. The SUPER-REALSIM, WRITING FOR YOUNG READERS and POLITICS AND COMICS are also possibilities. However, I don't have the best track record of actually attending panels - I get distracted way too easily.

If I was staying for Sunday, I'd also like to attend the WORKING WITH THE MEDIA panel. But I can't. Petey would miss me:



Of all the dogs, he's pretty much the favorite (in as much as one can play favorites with three dogs). He's deaf, and we adopted him after his previous owners abused him. Oddly, though, he pays attention to sign language and listens better than our dogs that can hear; however, he's also smart enough to realize that if he can't see you, he doesn't have to listen, and will turn his head away if he's feeling particularly stubborn.

|