On the subject of blogrolls...
And I thought my blog was too self-referential:
“Apologies Demanded was taken off of the Blog Roll of Thought Balloons. Is it because I haven't posted a comic book themed post since August 19? Or is it because I recently called Grotesque Anatomy a stenchy corpse?
Likely this blog smells too much of politics. Either way, I'm sorry to see Mister Melrose abandon me; I got a good deal of hits from that guy's blog.
Anyone who cares to spread the Demand for Apologies go forth and spread my words. Also feel free to Blog Roll me.
More importantly... I gotta calm down and be more productive.
None of this is relevant to whether or not I'm on Thought Balloons' list anymore... I still write for Monitor Duty and I'm on the Comics Weblog Update list.”
I’m simply amazed that being removed from a blogroll is post-worthy. The only reason I can see one making such a post would be to indicate that Kevin Melrose is petty, a statement with which I think most people would disagree. I certainly wouldn’t imagine that it was the Grotesque Anatomy comment made in a comments thread on this blog, which I thought was simply an attempt at humor. For whatever reason, making a fuss over being removed from a blogroll is what appears, to my limited experience in the blogosphere, to be the petty act.
Really, the reason I’m highlighting this is because I’m fascinated with the way any social structure works. My own philosophy regarding blogrolls echoes Johanna Draper Carlson’s – I only intend to link sites and blogs that I read on a regular or semi-regular basis. While I appreciate the enormity of Melrose’s blogroll, I can’t imagine that he has the time to check all of the ones he lists on a regular basis. At this point, mine is already out of date, and I do intend to update it sometime in the near future.
I’m getting the feeling that Arndt won’t be on it, though – mostly a mix between the first and third reasons he suggests that Melrose might have de-linked him. Even though this isn’t entirely a comics blog, I fully intend to keep the blogroll primarily related to comics and illustration. Also, as a left-leaning, non-Christian deviant, I can’t in good conscience link to something full of views I don’t support.

<< Home