So much for doing better in a chaos-free environment
So, this morning I decided to take my GRE diagnostic test in the preparatory book I bought a month ago. To get away from the hustle and bustle of a three-dog household, I drove up to State College’s Barnes & Noble to work in quiet, with coffee.
Boy, am I fucked.
Fucked like a two-dollar whore. Fucked like a superhero’s significant other, stuck in some kind of appliance. Fucked like a red-shirt on Star Trek. Fucked like the chicken in Preacher.
Ok, maybe that’s bordering on hyperbole. On the diagnostic test, I got about a 600 on the verbal, and about a 450 on the quantitative section. Still, it’s probably not good enough to get into graduate school. The good news is I’ll have more time to spend with my wife while she’s studying to finish up her second degree (“Aww, the Cunards are studying together! How cute!”), if there’s any good news at all.
Still, while I appreciated the quiet time to do the practice test without distractions, it’s always nice to come home to the unmitigated love of the pack (and, yes, this has officially become an “I love my doggies” post).

<< Home