Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Links and personal stuff

• Continuing from the post directly below this... Somehow I missed the Epileptic news, but that's now on my "must buy" list (due, in part, to Shawn Hoke's take on it).

Kevin Church brings the goodies on the battle that can be summed up as:

SUPERHERO GUY: Stupid black-and-white navel-gazing shit comics.

INDIE GUY: Stupid arrested-adolescent-fantasy shit comics.

• Proving again that licensing, not publishing, is the engine of the "big two," Marvel issues a press release on the consolidation of their apparel lines. And I won't lie - I'll gladly wear another geek-centric hoodie or knit top, and who are you to judge.

****

Now that the "fun" stuff is out of the way... I've been terribly busy with work, which kind of takes away from the non-paying blog stuff. Things have also been crazy at home - the wife and I have finalized our home-building plans, at least as far as design goes. How odd, that it was the house she wanted in the first place...

Not that I'm bitter. The one I was really leaning towards was more of a beach house type of thing, which would probably look stupid in the middle of the woods (not that I'll tell her that...). So, yeah. At some point this summer, I'll be a home owner. Crazy.

|