Response from the SALMON DOUBTS winner!
Courtesy of Nate Atkinson, his thought on his shiny new copy of Salmon Doubts:
"I read Salmon Doubts the other night before bed. It had been a long day of writing for me and I was pretty tired, which was probably the right head-space to be in. The no hurry mood gave me time to really look at the art, which was excellent. I appreciated that the dialogue indexed the personality, since all the salmon looked the same. It reminded me of what Garth Ennis so often failed to do in his War Stories comics. Still, the dialogues seemed irrelevant, until that last page. Man, what a pay-off. Seeing an entire life unfold over “X” number of pages, then seeing it reduced to one without losing much in the way of information, but a lot in the way of affect… good stuff. Further, it strikes me as something you’d be hard pressed to do in another medium. Thanks for letting me in on this one."

<< Home