Pretty much back in working order...
Some of you may have noticed (ok, maybe five of you) that, for a while, Comic World News was pretty much down for the count. We started having severe difficulty with the hosting company. I'd explain more, but I don't actually understand what it is, or how files get lost, or what a "firewall" is and why it made it so I couldn't upload images or edit old stuff.
Well, everything's fixed. Comicraft, the site's sponsor, has moved everything over to their far more reliable service, so things are starting to move more smoothly again. The forums are back up, the content is getting updated regularly again. Now, I've killed my column, because it just wasn't satisfying me anymore. Instead, I'll be concentrating on interviews and a monthly editorial type thing (expect a Jim Rugg interview by the end of the week, and a Rick Smith interview next week).
This week, Rich Watson's (formerly the writer of "A View From The Cheap Seats")latest column talks about his recent foray into the world of comics retail. I envy guys like him, Dorian, and Chris Butcher - all my knowledge of comics retail is gleamed from anecdotal evidence.
So, yeah. I'm just kind of happy that the site is back up and, at the very least, functioning. Doesn't mean I'll quit blogging by any means - I like this much better (even if it's - gah - becoming almost entirely dominated by comics).

<< Home