Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Amazing Sexist-Man

The first time Spider-Man met Spider-Woman, things were a little awkward:

Spidey sounds a little bit like Spider-Pimp there. "Yeah, you fill out that spandex real nice. I'm sure you'll go far in this biz. Although you might have to wait a couple decades until there are visionaries who can truly ... maximize your assets."

I love Spider-Woman's reaction in that panel: She's completely caught off guard by Spidey's unenlightened attitude. "You can remove that hand right now, you sexist pig."

And it's not bad enough that Spidey acts all condescending towards Spider-Woman; he has to make matters worse by planting a patronizing kiss on her forehead:

"It's been fun, Toots, but I gotta blow!" It's probably a good thing Spidey left when he did: Judging from her expression, Spider-Woman looks like she's ready to blast him. I wonder if she ever confronted him about what an ass he was when they first met. "Hey, Spidey, can you believe my looks were good enough to get me into the Avengers? (You sexist ass...)"

|