Pettiness & Cowardice
As many of you probably already know, earlier this week someone named 'Rick' (no last name that I'm aware of) got steamed at Johanna Draper Carlson for her reviews of Girls by the Luna brothers. It seemed to be some sort of bizarre crusade for him as he commented repeatedly not only on his own blog entry but also two posts at Johanna's site. In the midst of all this rampage-worthy activity, someone noted how odd Rick's behavior and commented, "I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually closes/deletes the comments, or trashes the entire post itself." At the time Rick was indignant at such a suggestion, claiming that he would never delete any of his comments.
Of course, the very next day Rick not only deleted all of his comments on Johanna's blog, he also deleted all the comments (including those from others) on his original post and shut off comments for that entry altogether.
For those coming late to the exchange who wish to see what was originally written, here are links to Rick's original entry (with comments) and the original version of Johanna's "Attention-Seeking" entry. (Unfortunately, I couldn't find a cached version of Johanna's "Tired of Pettiness" post with all of Rick's original comments, which is a shame because that's the thread where he was really doing an outstanding job of making an ass of himself. If anyone else has a cached version of that thread, send it to me and I'll put it up on my webspace.)

<< Home