Thursday, June 16, 2005

Blame Kevin--he made me do it.

Kevin hit me with the latest superhero meme thing, so I guess I have to do it. I mean, obviously I could just, you know, not do it, so any protestations I might make are negated by posting it, I suppose.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why? (Assume you also get baseline superhero enhancements like moderately increased strength, endurance and agility.)

I'd like to be telepathic. That would be nice. I mean, not only would you be able to snark with your friends without fear of someone overhearing, but if someone's reading a really great book, you can just kind of sit back and let their eyes do the work.

Also, who was that guy from New Mutants that could speak any language? Doug Ramsey, right? Went by Cypher? That's a neat, useful--but not world-saving--power to have.

It's either that or talking to the animals, which would probably be a fairly useless power (for example, see Seanbaby's take on Aquaman's ability to talk with sea creatures. Still, it'd be nice to talk to my dogs and have them not look at me like I was some kind of bottom-feeding moron.

I feel clever for sneaking a dog picture into this. God, aren't they lazy?

Which, if any, 'existing' superhero(es) do you fancy, and why?

I don't fancy any, but, as horrible as the movie is, I've always had a crush on Tank Girl's Lori Petty. Or did around the time of that movie. I guess that has to count.

Or Dazzler. At least we could bond over disco music.

Which, if any, 'existing' superhero(es) do you hate?

Too many to choose from. Let's just say most of the crop from the '90s, with a particular nod in the direction of Venom and the rest of the symbiote family tree on down.

OK, here’s the tough one. What would your superhero name be? (No prefab porn-name formulas here, you have to make up the name you think you’d be proud to mask under.)

It would depend on the power or something, right? The thing is, I probably wouldn't be a hero. If it was my first choice, telepathy, I'd just amuse myself. If it was the language choice, I'd probably... just amuse myself. If it was the third choice, I'd be a veterinarian. In that case, I could be Dr. Cunard, then.

I'm not good at this.

For extra credit: Is there an ‘existing’ superhero with whom you identify/whom you would like to be?

IDENTIFY: Spider-Man. Socially awkward to start, became somewhat less awkward but still geeky, married a pretty red-head...

WOULD LIKE TO BE: Superman. But then I'd probably have to save the world at some point. But it'd be nice to be good.

Pass it on. Three people please, and why they’re the wind beneath your wings.

Bugger if I know. Joe and Alex would probably come up with something more amusing than I did, and David might actually do it if I beg. Plus, I like all three.

|