Monday, April 25, 2005

Last convention stuff (at least, until MoCCA)

As I planned earlier and forgot, here's the list of things purchased at Pittsburgh:

Minicomics:

Gateway, Just Us Grrls, Gello Apocalypse (two unnumbered minicomics of the same title), Bitten - Shawn Atkins
Isolation Chamber (issues 1 and 2), Deviant Funnies (issues 1 and 2) - Ed Piskor
bottoms up - Danielle Corsetto
Compass (ashcan preview) - Traci C. Spencer
Hideous: A Monster Romance, Obsessive Crush - Pat Lewis

Comics:

Fractured Kisses (romance anthology) - Moonation Comics
Twenty First Century Romances (another romance anthology) - Well-Defined Productions
Lackluster World - Eric Adams
Yets! - Mike Bocianowski

Books:

The Smithsonian Collection of Newspaper Comics - Edited by Bill Blackbeard and Martin Williams

It seemed like I bought more than that (as I said, I'm not as good a shopper as my conmates, but I will be next time, dammit). Obviously, I haven't read anything yet, but maybe some of these will make it to that way tardy review pile.

There is one thing I looked at, and that's the sketch Mike Bocianowski did for my dalmatian sketchbook. As I mentioned earlier today, Jason Richards has me wanting to blog my sketches, so I'm going to do that.

SPX 2003

Scott Dalrymple (Fade From Blue):

Scott Dalrymple


Tom Beland (True Story, Swear To God):

Tom Beland


Pam Bliss (Dog & Pony Show):

Pam Bliss


Pittbsurgh Comicon 2004

David Mack (Kabuki):

David Mack


MoCCA 2004

Jim Rugg (Street Angel):

Jim Rugg


Rich Watson (Rat: A Love Story):

Rich Watson


Pittsburgh Comicon 2005

Mike Bocianowski (Yets!):

Mike Bocianowski

|