The Strange Sexual Thoughts of Matthew Murdock
Poor Daredevil: He used to be so hung up on Karen Page that he could hardly focus on lawyering or crimefighting. Check out some of these sample panels from Essential Daredevil Volume 3 where DD's train of thought is interrupted by his fixation on his lovely blonde assistant:

You know, if you're trying not to think of someone, it's probably not helpful to list out all of the features you find so attractive about her. "Mustn't think of her long, luscious legs ... her ample bosom!" At least save your creepy listmaking until after you're not branded a coward since there's nothing worse than a creepy coward.
Man, Daredevil's really a melodramatic sap, isn't he? I mean, referring to her as "Karen, my darling Karen" in his internal monologue is a little over the top. And if I remember correctly, it wasn't Fate that came up with the great idea of killing off his own alter ego, genius.
Since he's a lawyer, DD knows that the "craaaazy" defense justifies creepy behavior like breaking into your ex-girlfriend's roommate's apartment and rifling through her underwear drawer (shown a couple panels later). "I was right! Karen is staying here!! I'd recognize that particular pair of panties anywhere!!" (I don't even want to know what heightened sense Daredevil used to identify the underwear as Karen's...)
Okay, now you're just weirding me out, man. Maybe Warren Ellis' description of superhero costumes as "pervert suits" isn't so far off after all.
Nice stalling technique, Karen: Pretend you can't hear him, then run far, far away. (OK, I cheated a little on that last one, altering one word; but, in my defense, I'd like to think I was just making explicit what the writer really had in mind in that scene.)

<< Home